Desmond Doyle (Pierce Brosnan) is suddenly a single father when his wife abandons their family on the day after Christmas. The authorities, with little sympathy for his plight, insist that he is not capable of caring for his three children alone. Against their wishes, the children are taken from their father and placed in institutional care. Although assured that when his children will be returned to him when his financial situation improves, Desmond faces an uphill struggle during hard times to win them back. In the meantime, his children must suffer the cruelty and suffering that dominate their new ‘home'. Desmond must fight for his own children and for the right to be their father.
- Won Award of Distinction, Australian Cinematographers Society 2004
- Nominated, Best Film, Irish Film and Television Awards 2003
- Nominated, Audience Award for Best Irish Film, Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards 2003
- Nominated, PFCS Award for Best Performance by a Youth in a Leading or Supporting Role
- Sophie Vavasseur, Political Film Society, USA 2003
Pierce Brosnan in a scene from “Evelyn”.
See this movie on imdb.com | Back to feature films